Wednesday, August 6, 2008

On Monday, I found myself early in the morning thinking about my mother, my mother who has been gone for over 16 years now. I was 25 when she passed on. I was 3 weeks from having our 3rd baby (and a big, beautiful baby he was), and had just been able to enjoy, with my husband and children a move into our first home.
I was fortunate to have an "adult" relationship with Mom for a short time. Many of my siblings didn't get to have any years like that. Life is what it is. Who would have thought? Not me.
Monday was her birthday.
But that's all just background information now. My thoughts were only simple and so peaceful and sweet to me.
I reflected on how wonderful it was that my mother was born. She was a real light in this life.
I then naturally turned to the deep gratitude that I feel when I think that she brought me into this world. I am grateful it was her that I came to (as well as my wonderful father). I will be ever so grateful that she made that choice and sacrifice for me.
Forever thank you Mom
I love you dearly

No comments: