Tuesday, June 10, 2008

On this Father's Day

Many times in our lives we are blessed with great people. These people are not great because they have great powers, or have great wealth, or have numerous powerful contacts. These people are great because in their lives they contribute to our lives in positive, constructive ways. They are great because they become people we can trust and relate to. And maybe best of all, they are great because we can learn from them.


I have been blessed with a great Father.

My Father is a great listener.

My Father is a great learner.

My Father is a great teacher.


My Father is a great supporter.

My Father is a great friend.

My Father has assisted me in making changes in my life that have shaped my life into a more fulfilling process. He has not pushed or pulled. He has lightly suggested when asked. He has followed his heart in what he talks about and how he discusses things. He has never let me off the hook when I have been wrong yet he has never condemned me for my own foibles. He is ok with my pace of learning and applying knowledge.

I know that my Father will always want what is best for me not what he thinks I should be.

THAT is why I can trust him and why I say with all sincerity he really is my friend.

I love you with all of my heart, Dad.


No comments: